Monday, December 7, 2009

Global Illumination: Raytracing

Finally, my own Cornell Box :)
This is the result from one of my program to complete a Global Illumination Course. Using a Ray Tracing, I render the famous Cornell Box. Its still under development, need tweaking here and there but I am very satisfied that my weekend is not wasted at all :) Lots of reference here and there though.


Image Width/Height: 1024/768
Sample Point: 400
Objects: 1 Light Source, 3 Spheres, 5 Walls
Rendered using Macbook Pro Core Duo 2.0 GHz, 2 Gigs DDR2.
Rendered approximately in 2 hours.

All objects represented Sphere, a very neat idea by Kevin Beason. The wall and the light are spheres with large radius so they look flat. Its great because finding Ray-to-Sphere intersection is quite easy. My next step is going to implement other shape, and of course, tweaking here and there to increase performance.

No comments: