Wednesday, October 26, 2011

MYOGE part 2: Memory Management and Stuffs

So here we go again with the very development process of Make Your Own Game Engine. haha! The progress mostly dealing with memory allocation which I'm pretty sure by now is leak-safe ;) I changed my engine object management from std::vector to a simple array.

There are also some changes on the gameplay: allowing player to use mouse to point the shooting direction instead of manually using buttons so rotate the direction. It took a while for me to figure out how to convert from screen space to world space. I finally use FBO for this problem. See my previous post for more details.

I also tweaked the camera so it has a floaty feeling making it less rigid. Thanks to Rob for the old tutorials ;)

An update from version 0.01:


Updated: new video while testing the game:

No comments: